Threat Intelligence Analyst
Contract to Hire
About the job:
Title: Threat Intelligence Analyst
Start date: Immediate
Position Type: Contract to hire/ FTE
Work Time Zone: Eastern/ Central Time Zone
Location: Chicago, IL OR Northville, MI
(Remote till contract after which the candidate will need to be available on a hybrid basis onsite once converted to FTE )
As a Threat Intelligence Analyst, you will play a pivotal role in safeguarding the organization against potential cyber threats and ensuring the overall security posture. Your primary responsibility will be to gather, analyze, and interpret data from various sources to identify emerging cyber threats, vulnerabilities, and potential risks. Utilizing your expertise in cybersecurity, you will assist in developing and implementing proactive strategies to counteract and mitigate these threats effectively. This role demands a deep understanding of the threat landscape, outstanding analytical skills, and the ability to communicate complex technical information to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Threat Analysis: Monitor and analyze cyber threat intelligence data from various sources, such as dark web forums, security vendors, incident reports, and industry-specific platforms to identify potential threats to the organization's infrastructure, systems, and data.
- Cyber Threat Hunting: Conduct proactive cyber threat hunting activities to detect and uncover new attack patterns and malicious activities that may bypass existing security controls.
- Vulnerability Research: Stay abreast of the latest vulnerabilities and zero-day exploits, and assess their potential impact on the organization's systems. Collaborate with relevant teams to prioritize and address these vulnerabilities effectively.
- Incident Response Support: Collaborate with the Incident Response team to provide real-time threat intelligence during active security incidents, aiding in the containment, eradication, and recovery phases.
- Threat Intelligence Reporting: Create and deliver comprehensive threat intelligence reports, tailored for various audiences, including technical teams, management, and executives, to inform them about potential risks and provide actionable recommendations.
- Indicators of Compromise (IOCs) Development: Develop and maintain a repository of IOCs based on analyzed threat intelligence data to enhance the organization's security detection and response capabilities.
- Threat Landscape Monitoring: Continuously monitor the threat landscape, keeping track of emerging attack techniques, tactics, and procedures to proactively adapt defense mechanisms and security controls.
- Collaborative Efforts: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including security operations, threat hunting, incident response, and other cybersecurity stakeholders, to share threat intelligence insights and strengthen the organization's overall security posture.
- Threat Modeling and Risk Assessment: Conduct threat modeling exercises to identify potential threats, attack vectors, and prioritize risks to help inform the organization's security strategy.
- Research and Development: Engage in continuous research and development to enhance personal and team capabilities, staying ahead of evolving threat trends and enhancing the organization's security capabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field (or equivalent work experience).
- Proven experience as a Threat Intelligence Analyst or similar role in the cybersecurity domain.
- Strong understanding of cyber threat intelligence methodologies, frameworks, and tools.
- Proficiency in using threat intelligence platforms, SIEM (Security Information and Event Management), and other cybersecurity tools.
- In-depth knowledge of various cyber threats, such as malware, APTs (Advanced Persistent Threats), DDoS attacks, phishing, etc.
- Familiarity with common threat intelligence sharing standards like STIX (Structured Threat Information Expression) and TAXII (Trusted Automated eXchange of Indicator Information).
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to think critically and identify patterns in data.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to effectively articulate complex technical concepts to various audiences.
- Relevant certifications such as Certified Threat Intelligence Analyst (CTIA), Certified Cyber Threat Intelligence Professional (CCTIP), or similar are highly desirable.
Joining our team as a Threat Intelligence Analyst offers a unique opportunity to work at the forefront of cybersecurity, contributing to the organization's defense against evolving threats in an ever-changing digital landscape. If you are passionate about cybersecurity and possess the skills and experience to excel in this role, we welcome your application.